If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Instead of using slices of tomato you dice the tomato, let it drain, mix it with the mayonnaise and then spread it on the sandwich. Besides being easier to assemble and more attractive the tomato slices don't fly out the sides as soon as you bite. Also, seasoning with salt and pepper is more accurate. —Tina Davis
Serves one sandwich per person
tomato per person
mayonnaise to desired taste and consistency
2 to 3
strips crisp bacon
1 or 2 leaves
lettuce – whatever you like
sliced bread – toasted
salt and pepper to taste
- Core and dice the tomato. Place in a strainer and allow the juice to drain out. 15 minutes should be enough. You can do it longer if you think it needs it.
- Mix the drained tomato dice with mayonnaise to a consistency that you like. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the bread if that is how you like it.
- Assemble your sandwich as usual – bread, lettuce, bacon and tomato/mayo mix. Cut in half as usual. Eat as usual.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
More Great Recipes: