If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy, fast, and delicious recipe for anytime snacking. You can use walnuts, almonds, or cashews, but my personal preference is for cashews, which have a sweet, buttery taste and a texture that's hard to beat. Most recipes for snack balls feature dates and nuts alone, but I like the complexity of flavor that apricots add here. —Gena Hamshaw
Makes 14 to 16 balls
- 1 cup cashews, walnuts, or almonds
- Generous pinch sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups pitted Medjool dates (about 15 or 16 dates)
- 1/4 cup dried apricot
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Process the nuts and sea salt in a food processor fitted with the S blade till the nuts are coarsely ground.
- Add the dates, apricots, almond butter, sesame seeds, and cinnamon. Keep processing the mixture until it's starting to stick together a bit. When you can squeeze a handful and it sticks together nicely, you're done.
- Roll the mixture into balls that are about 1 inch in diameter. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks in the fridge or a week outside the fridge.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!