If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sandwich has seared spicy ham, with a generous serving of an easy to make sweet and sour sauce, onion slices and texture offered by fresh coriander. Prepare to go wild! —Kaluhi
lemon, honey, dark mushroom soy sauce, tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon dark mushroom soy sauce
- 1 tomato
sliced white bread, thinly sliced ham, coriander, onion, cumin, black pepper, ground garlic, ground mustard
- 2 slices of white bread
- 5 thinly cut ham slices
- coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- For the sauce Grate your tomato and put it into a small saucepan without any oil. Let it simmer for about 2 minutes. Add one table spoon of your soy sauce and mix Follow this with your squeezed lemon juice and your honey. Let the sauce simmer for 2 minutes then remove from the heat.
- For the ham Put the ham slices in a greased pan along with a pinch of each spice. Allow each side to get a sear and once they have a slight char take them from the heat and begin piling your sandwich.
- The sandwich Put the bottom slice on a plate. Start with the ham. It holds the sauce and prevents the bread from becoming soggy. Then put your onions that have been sliced. Add the fantastic sweet and sour sauce on top. Then your roughly chopped coriander. Then the remaining ham, and finally top slice
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe