If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Think caramelized juicy peaches, salty prosciutto, roasted tomatoes, thick slices of half melted mozzarella, basil, and homemade challah. Who can resist?
I've always loved caprese salad or pizzas, but when I started making paninis on my new George Foreman grill, I wanted to add something more. I had some ripe peaches on hand and some paper thin slices of prosciutto, so I experimented and came up with something that I absolutely love!!! —Betty | le jus d'orange
- 8 Slices of homemade challah, or other bread
- 1 ripe peach, pitted and sliced to 8 slices
- brown sugar, to sprinkle
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 1/4" slices of fresh mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto
- 8 pieces fresh basil, sliced thinly
- Cherry Tomatoes: Preheat oven to 375F. Toss cherry tomatoes with 1 tbsp olive oil and bake for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Peach: To caramelize peach, sprinkle brown sugar on both sides of peach slices. Heat up a heavy bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter. Gently lay peach slices in skillet. Cook each sides, allowing time for juices to flow and brown sugar to caramelize, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Assemble: Lay two challah slices side by side. Place one slice of prosciutto on each slice. Layer peach, mozzarella, and then another peach slice on one challah slice. Sprinkle basil on top. Place 3-4 cherry tomato slices on top. Close by placing second challah slice over the cherry tomatoes. Do this for each sandwich.
- Make Panini: Preheat your panini press or George Foreman grill. Brush a layer of olive oil on both sides of the challah. Gently place onto grill and close the lid (or press). Cook until bread is browned and grill marks show, about 2-3 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe