If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing Recipe from Ricky Eisen, President and Founder of Between the Bread (http://www.betweenthebread.com/), Manhattan’s premier café and corporate catering company for more than 35 years. —Between the Bread
- 2 1/4 cups All-purpose flour, sift before measuring
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Mashed or cooked canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Chopped walnuts or pecans
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs.
- Blend in mashed pumpkin.
- Stir in the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the milk, blending until batter is smooth after each addition; stir in chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pan cups. Fill about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting (cream cheese and confectioners' sugar).