If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This quick meal comes together with already marinated chicken. It combines a traditional gyro with Indian flavors. —Aija Hall
Makes 4-6 sandwiches
- 1 Pkg. Trader Joe's Curry Chicken Tenders
- 4-6 Greek pita breads (or you can use naan)
- 1 English/seedless cucumber
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 10-12 Fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup Plain regular yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Coconut or vegetable oil
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil and add chicken. Cook for 4-6 minutes per side or until done. While chicken is cooking, mix yogurt, mint leaves, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Slice cucumber, tomatoes and onion. When chicken is cooked, remove from heat and set aside. In a clean skillet, toast pita breads one at a time until heated.
- Layer chicken, yogurt sauce, cucumber, tomato and onion on pita bread. Garnish with fresh cilantro.