If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A very tender braised PORK BELLY using a heavy lid pan or a Japanese Hot Pot. Simple to make but extremely delicious. —Chako
- 2~3 pounds Pork Belly
- 1 dash Salt and/or SANSHO PEPPERS
- 1 dash L'Herbes de Provence
- Marinate the pork belly with salt, herbs and pepper (as per your liking). Store in the fridge for one night.
- Allow the pork belly to return to room temperature before browning the meat at high heat with a frying pan. Once the meat is browned on most all sides, double wrap the meat with a plastic wrap. Place the meat in a Ziploc so the meat will not be exposed to water.
- Boil the water in the hot pot, reducing the temperature to 70C; inserting the meat in the hot pot for approximately 25 - 30minutes.Remove from heat and keep the meat warm until serving. Best eaten with salt and pepper OR if you can try SANSHO pepper salt OR French mustard.