An organic and healthy homemade 'Larabar-ish' fruit Bar. Simple to make and keeps well refrigerated.
An organic and healthy homemade 'Larabar-ish' fruit Bar. Simple to make and keeps well refrigerated.—Chako
Serves: 6~8 bars
cup Almond Powder
cup Warm Water
teaspoon Mixed Spice
In This Recipe
- Combine the ripe banana, raisins and warm water in a bowl. Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes until the fruit is soft and moisture soaks well into the dry fruit.
- Meanwhile, roast the almonds at 160C for 10 minutes and let it cool. Chop the almonds.
- Place the fruit, almond powder, mixed spice into a food processor and blend until paste-like, adding the chopped almonds last. Blend until the mixture starts to stick together and clum against the side of the processor.
- Transfer the mixture on a large piece of parchment or wax paper and spread the mixture with a spatula to a 10cm width rectangle, 1.5cm thickness. Refrigerate for about 60 minutes before cutting it into bars.
- Wrap the individual bars into plastic paper and keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.