If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hot sandwich, the perfect hand-held snack, this bread filled bite makes for a tasty lunch. Or dinner. Or an appetite teaser! —nykavi
- 8 mini Pitas
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 pound Ground Lamb
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 3 teaspoons Coriander powder
- 3 Green Chiles
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1/4 cup Mint
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black pepper
- Use a sharp knife to cut mini pitas open about 3/4 ways so you can stuff them easily
- Cut green chiles into thin slivers
- Rough chop parsley, cilantro and mint.
- Mix beef, lamb, green chiles, parsley, cilantro, mint, soy sauce and black pepper. Squish everything together with your hands for best results.
- Divide meat mixture into 8 portions.
- Stuff each pita with meat. Spread to the ends and press down gently on the pita.
- Heat an indoor grill pan for an out 5 minutes or till a drop of water sizzles on the pan.
- Grill 4 pitas at a time. Flip pitas after 5 minutes and let them cook for an additional 3 minutes on the other side.
- Serve them piping hot.