A hot sandwich, the perfect hand-held snack, this bread filled bite makes for a tasty lunch. Or dinner. Or an appetite teaser!
A hot sandwich, the perfect hand-held snack, this bread filled bite makes for a tasty lunch. Or dinner. Or an appetite teaser!—nykavi
pound Ground Beef
pound Ground Lamb
teaspoon Cumin powder
teaspoons Coriander powder
tablespoons Soy sauce
teaspoon Ground Black pepper
In This Recipe
- Use a sharp knife to cut mini pitas open about 3/4 ways so you can stuff them easily
- Cut green chiles into thin slivers
- Rough chop parsley, cilantro and mint.
- Mix beef, lamb, cumin powder, coriander powder, green chiles, parsley, cilantro, mint, soy sauce and black pepper. Squish everything together with your hands for best results.
- Divide meat mixture into 8 portions.
- Stuff each pita with meat. Spread to the ends and press down gently on the pita.
- Heat an indoor grill pan for an about 5 minutes or till a drop of water sizzles on the pan.
- Grill 4 pitas at a time. Flip pitas after 5 minutes and let them cook for an additional 3 minutes on the other side.
- Serve them piping hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe