If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Marinated pork chop with pickled vegetables and a sweet and spicy mayo. —Tim Engle
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemongrass puree (I used Gourmet Garden brand)
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Siracha
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1/4 cup chile puree (I used Garden Gourmet brand)
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 4 pounds boneless pork loin, trimmed and sliced into 8, 1 inch thick chops
- 8 poppy seed buns, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup diakon radish, peeled and sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 cup english cucumber, sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 jalapeño chopped with seeds
- Mix salt, lemongrass, chile puree, soy sauce, fish sauce, water, garlic, siracha, onion, ginger, white sugar, and hoisin in a large container. Trim excess fat from the top of your pork loin and slice into 1 inch thick chops. Add to marinade, and rub in thoroughly. Keep in marinade for 24 hours. Add white sugar, white vinegar, water to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour over diakon, carrot, cucumber, cloves, red pepper flakes, chopped jalapeño, and 1 tsp kosher salt. Once mixture cools, cover and refrigerate overnight. This mixture will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge. When ready to cook chops, heat grill pan over medium high heat. Grill chops 3 to 4 mins per side, or until you reach an internal temperature of 145 F. Rest chops for 3 minutes.
- To make mayo, mix 2 cups good mayo, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 tbsp wasabi powder, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Mix all ingredients.
- To assemble sandwich. Toast a poppy seed bun in a saute pan with 1 tbsp butter until golden. Add wasabi maple mayo generously to both sides. Slice pork chop in half like you are going to butterfly it, but slice all the way through the chop. Shingle both pieces of pork on the bottom bun. Top with pickled vegetables, and cover with top bun. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe