If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a healthy, made-from scratch mayonnaise that the whole family can enjoy. Store it up for a few weeks in the fridge. —Primal Palate
Makes 1 cup
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds, ground
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a blender or food processor, blend the egg, lemon juice, and ground mustard seed.
- Melt the coconut oil gently, so that it is cool but still liquid. Coconut oil melts at 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small separate bowl, stir together the coconut oil, olive oil, and sesame oil until they are evenly combined.
- Add the oil mixture to the food processor 1 tablespoon at a time – the slower, the better. Typically, the full amount of oil takes 3-4 minutes to add.
- When the oil has all emulsified and you have a creamy mayonnaise, add the salt and pepper, and continue to blend.