If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grilled Mascarpone on Chocolate Cherry Bread with Blackberry Cabernet Compote sounds like a mouthful and with good reason. Each bite is incredibly decadent and the Blackberry Cabernet Compote elevates this sandwich to a level all by itself. —Betsy @ Desserts Required
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon
- 3-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- chocolate cherry bread
- mascarpone cheese
- Place the blackberries, Gallo Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium high heat until the wine is nearly evaporated.
- Press the blackberries against the side of the pan as they cook.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Slice the bread into 1” pieces.
- Spread a thick layer of mascarpone on one slice of bread.
- Cover with a second slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich in a pan.
- Brush melted butter on the bread, turn over and brush butter on to the second slice of bread.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the bread is nicely browned.
- Flip the sandwich and cover the pan.
- Cook until nicely browned.
- Remove the sandwich from the pan and slice it in half.
- Spoon some blackberry cabernet compote over the sandwich or serve on the side and dip the sandwich into the compote.
- The blackberry cabernet compote recipe accommodates 4-6 sandwiches.
- The blackberry cabernet compote works beautifully with chicken and pork dishes, too. Also sponge cakes, pound cakes and cheesecakes.
- If you are not able to find chocolate cherry bread, feel free to substitute your favorite decadent bread. Brioche or challah would, also, be delicious.