If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My daughter Aviva is in the 8th grade and shares my love of cooking. On weekends she frequently makes a sandwich for breakfast that incorporates an egg and leftovers from the previous night's dinner. This is her most recent combination. —navahfrost
- 1 multi grain roll (Tomkat bakery rolls are used here)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sauteed Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped sundried tomato
- 1 teaspoon black olive spread, or coursly chopped olives if you prefer
- 1 tablespoon soft goat cheese
- 1/2 handful chopped pea shoots
- 1 teaspoon softened unsalted butter
- Slice the multi grain roll in half and place in the toaster. While it is toasting mix goat cheese with olive and sundried tomato. set aside.
- Poach or fry the egg- we fry more often than not, but poaching works too.
- After the roll is toasted, spread the cheese mixture on one side and the butter on the opposite side. Assemble the remaining ingredients in whatever order you like. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe