Author Notes: Layers of juicy sliced peaches, strips of with crisp bacon, spinach leaves, and a layer of mayo to hold it all between toasted whole wheat bread. —Bayle Doetch
Makes: one sandwich
slices of whole grain bread
strip of bacon fried until crisp
peach sliced into 8 wedges
handful washed and dry spinach leaves
In This Recipe
- Toast the bread and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain excess fat from the strips.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of both pieces of toast.
- Pile a handful of washed and dry spinach on one piece of toast.
- Slice a whole peach into quarters and then slice the quarters in half. Place the eight peach slices on top of the spinach in an even layer.
- Break bacon into smaller pieces and layer on top of the peaches.
- Place the second piece of toast with mayonnaise layer on top.