Author Notes: Juicy, fresh peaches roasted and topped with honey meringue. —Brittany Barton
tablespoon raw honey
In This Recipe
- Place egg whites in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Pour honey in a small saucepan and slowly bring to a simmer over medium low heat. Allow to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until it turns a golden brown. Once the honey is done, bring it over to your mixing bowl of egg whites.
- Using either a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat eggs at medium speed in a large mixing bowl until frothy. Now with the mixer on high, very slowly stream in the honey mixture. Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Set oven to broil. Place peaches skin side down in a baking dish. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Top each peach half with a scoop of meringue.