Author Notes: After a peek into my incredibly well stocked pantry, and a spin of the imagination wheel, I landed on a Grilled Beer Sandwich. If fried sandwiches are good enough for Elvis, well they're good enough for me.
Be classy and top the whole business with some chopped parsley. Serving a grilled beer sandwich with a glass of craft beer for a centre field home run and impress your bearded plaid inclined craft beer friends. —FondueVoodoo
Fried Beer Sandwich Ingredients
Multi grain beer bread
tablespoons beer mustard
cup Beer washed or infused cheese
glazed beer onions
tablespoon butter or coconut oil
Beer Glazed Onions
onions - medium
teaspoons butter or coconut oil
cup beer - dark stout is my preference
- Pull your beer mustard out of the fridge and allow to warm slightly. Slice the bread into fry-able slices and shred the cheese
- For the Beer Onions: Thinly slice the onions, use a mandoline
- Add all the onions – yes all of them and cook until they just become translucent, a little golden browning is okay, just don’t burn these guys. Stir as often as is necessary.
- Thinly slice the onions, use a mandoline if you happen to have one. Warm your Once the onions are translucent and the pan is mostly dry begin adding the beer a couple of TBSP at a time to deglaze the pan, allow the beer to fully evaporate. Continue this process alternating between beer and water deglazes until the onions are brown and sticky.
- Assemble the Sandwich : warm you pan to medium low and melt the butter or coconut oil
- collect your 2 pieces of beer bread, slather one slice with beer mustard top with beer glazed onions - as much as you want ...I won't judge
- top each sandwich with 1/2 cup of cheese or as much cheese as your heart can handle
- Place those sandwiches in a preheated & buttered pan and fry with the lid on to encourage the cheese to melt and flip at your leisure.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe