If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found breaded eggplant cutlets at Trader Joe's and was inspired to make this sandwich. —Annabelle Casillas
- 4 Sourdough bread slices
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons Goat cheese
- Breaded eggplant cutlets (I used Trader Joe's frozen breaded eggplant cutlets)
- Green leaf lettuce
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup De-shelled, unsalted Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt&pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- dashes Balsamic vinegar
- dashes Olive oil (for lettuce)
- Bake eggplant cutlets (follow box instructions)
- For the pesto: blend together garlic cloves, cilantro, olive oil, pumpkin seeds, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Dress four leaves of lettuce with a dash of balsamic vinegar and a dash of olive oil.
- Lightly toast sourdough bread slices.
- Combine mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons of pesto.
- To assemble: spread goat cheese on one slice of bread, per sandwich, then spread mayo-pesto blend onto the other slice of bread. Place five cutlets on each sandwich, over the goat cheese, then add the dressed lettuce leaves and tomato slices. Top with other slice of bread and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
More Great Recipes: Sandwiches