If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The staple in my house —Dominic Brannigan
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Carrots Diced
- 2 Stalks Celery Diced
- 1 Medium Carrot Diced
- 2 cups Water
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Star Anise
- Heat large Pan over medium heat, when hot add 2 tablespoons olive oil and cook vegetable til soft. Add ground beef till browned. If you want tor have a little wine left over add it and let boil away.
- Add canned tomatoes and water, and star anise, and lower heat. Reduce by half remove Anise and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Rind of Parmesean Cheese (optional)
- Bring milk to low boil in sauce pan over medium heat. Add butter and Flour and mix till blended with spoon.
- Remove from heat. Add Rind and salt and let infuse till ready to use.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch