If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cheese on cheese on cheese. This panini is simple but hearty, and perfect for any picky eater. —Emily Miller
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Shredded chicken (shortcut: using a cooked rotisserie chicken)
- 2 tablespoons Pesto
- 4 Pieces of Swiss cheese
- 1 French baguette (or your favorite bread for paninis)
- 1 cup Fresh spinach
- Melt butter in small saucepan and whisk in flour. Cook down the flour (3-5 mins) until smooth and golden. Slowly add the milk and continue whisking. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes as it starts to thicken. Sprinkle in cheese and stir until melted. Season appropriately.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the chicken, cheese sauce, and pesto. To me, the mayo-hater, it resembles chicken salad. Assemble the sandwiches: chicken mixture, spinach, and then a slice of Swiss cheese on each divided section of the baguette. Heat and oil your panini press and grill until browned and oozing with cheese. Serve immediately.