If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: smells wonderful cooking, tastes like heaven that night but is out of this world the next day —Nikki Runswick Spear
- 6 pounds brisket
- 2 onions sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small bag carrots
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup water or wine
- turn on oven to 325 rub the brisket all over with fresh ground salt and pepper
- heat a heavy skillet , with lid, over medium heat. add oil to lightly cover bottom of pan
- brown brisket on all sides, remove to platter
- add carrots, onions and garlic and stir to soften and stir up the browned bits on bottom of pan
- in a bowl mix water , brown sugar, ketchup and chili sauce
- add brisket back to pan and sauce over brisket,spooning sauce over brisket for several minutes
- cover brisket and put in oven. spoon sauce over brisket every hour, cooking until meat is falling apart. typically takes 4 hours.
- let brisket rest out of pot for a few minutes before you slice. I serve with quinoa but would work well with roasted or mashed potatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch