If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy-breezy dessert to serve on a weekday dinner, bring over to a friend or potluck party. It’s a fun yet very simple way to dress up your cheesecake base – pop out a jar of Nutella, swirl a little on top, and bake! —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes about 16 2-inch squares
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packets 8-ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 pieces large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven at 350F. Grease and line an 8-inch square baking tin.
- Make the crust by mixing all the crust ingredients in a food processor, until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Press the mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake crust for 15 to 18 minutes. Set aside to cool. Turn down oven temperature to 300F.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, mix cream cheese and sugar until combined. Add eggs, one at a time. Then add vanilla and salt. Blend until well combined.
- Pour the filling in the prepare pan. Tap the pan on counter a few times to release all the air in the batter.
- Warm Nutella in microwave on high for 10 to 20 seconds. Spoon Nutella on top of the batter, and gently swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake the cheesecake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the edge of the cheesecake is puffed but the center is still wobbly and wet looking.
- Turn off the oven with the door slightly opened, let the cheesecake sit in the oven to cool completely, at least an hour.
- Remove from the oven. Chill for overnight.
- When ready to serve, cut into squares using a sharp knife dipped in hot water.