If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These meatballs are fast and easy to put together for a weeknight dinner and my son loves them. I like to make a lot of them for dinner and serve with my favorite tomato sauce and egg noodles. Then the next day they are great in a pita with a yogurt sauce or tossed in a salad. —mj.landry
- 2 pounds Ground chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons Grated onion
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoky pimiento
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive oil for frying
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In one bowl grate the onion with a micro plane then add about 1/2 a cup of breadcrumbs and 1/2 a cup (maybe a bit more) of milk. Then mince 3 cloves of garlic and about 1/2 a cup of parsley. Add about 2lbs ground chicken to that mix and then add in about 2 TBS of tomato paste, 1/2 a cup of parmesan cheese, 1 egg and 1 tsp or slightly more of salt and lots of ground pepper and the pimiento pepper. Mix this very well until everything is combined. Then make a tester meatball and fry in some olive oil and taste for seasoning. If everything tastes good go ahead and start browning your meatballs in a saute pan with some olive oil. You just need to brown the meatballs because they are going to finish cooking in the oven. Once your meatballs are browned and carmelized on the outside put in a 9×11 baking dish cover with tinfoil and put in the oven. If you are making the meatballs with a tomato sauce, cover with the sauce and then the tinfoil and bake for 15 mins until the meatballs are cooked through. If you are not serving with tomato sauce just cover with the tinfoil and bake for 15 mins or so. After about 15 mins your meatballs should be cooked through. At this point you can serve with sauce and egg noodles or spaghetti or however you like. These make great sandwiches the next day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch