If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken seasoned with Lapsang Souchong Tea. —Lisa Gregg-Alexander
Serves 4-6 people
- 6 Chicken Breast or one (1) whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon Lapsang Souchong tea..ground down
- 2 tablespoons Garlic powder, crushed or whole cloves(pressed)
- 1 pinch salt to taste (Kosher or sea salt) optional
- 1 pinch white or black pepper
- 2 splashes oil of choice ( drizzled) or 1/2 stick of butter ( your choice)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder or freshly sliced onions chopped
- set oven to 350 degrees
- 20 mins -1 hour timing: 20 mins for breast only (until done and tender) do not over cook. Whole chicken place in oven for 1 hour depending on size. DO NOT OVER COOK MEAT! Check
- Rinse all chicken thoroughly. Remove excess fat. Skin can be removed if desired. When cooking whole chicken clean inside and outside removing any feathers, excess fat and unwanted guts.
- Pierce chicken with fork or slightly with a knife (point down and stick). This is so seasoning can penetrate into meat.
- Next ground down loose Lapsang Souchong tea. If you do not have a pestle and mortar, use a bowl and spoon to break up the tea as best you can into a coarse powder. You can also break tea up by using your clean fingers. Roll in between thumb and forefinger. Tea will aways be coarse using these methods.
- Now it is time to cook. Using whatever cooking dish or pan you prefer begin seasoning the Chicken. It does not matter in which order you choose to season your meat. Now you have removed the excess water off the chicken (leaving some moisture). Sprinkle the chicken with the above ingrediences( one at a time or you can place all DRY ingrediences into a shaker or bowl and season your meat. Always remember use the ingrediences to whatever your taste buds require. And do not heavily season all at once. Gradually increase seasoning to taste as you taste. A good cook always taste their creation as they go alone and before the finale. Viola!
- Using your dry ingredience season your chicken front and back or inside and outside. The seasoning should then be rubbed into the piecing holes.
- Then after all of your seasoning has been added to initial taste, spray , drizzle or rub oil onto chicken so that the dry ingredience will absorb some of the oil. DO NOT OVER OIL. For butter users let butter set until soft or you can melt butter down and let cool. Gently rub your whole chicken with the oil or butter to aid in an even tone color when cooking. The aroma should be slightly drifting upwards from the oily uncooked bird.
- NOW! it is time to cook. Once you have place it in the oven at 350 degrees you will begin to smell the garlic as the bird heats up. About 20 mins for chicken breast or until done but moist. Whole chicken about 1 hour or until done depending on size. REMEMBER to check chicken periodically to insure it is not getting over cooked. Save your drippings from the cooked bird it makes excellent gravy.
- Viola! Now add Rice or Potatoes and a Green Vegetable and dinner is served. Happy eating.