If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So i decided to make Linguini with Clams from The Pioneer Woman Cooks. It was an easy enough recipe, but for some reason, I thought it might be even better with bacon. Turkey bacon. (I don’t eat pork). I made some other minor adjustments to the recipe as well.
Turkey bacon has a much chewier consistency than pork bacon, so it worked really well in this recipe. Chewy clams, chewy bacon. Please feel free to try pork bacon if you are so inclined. Leftovers are great the next day. Trust me. I know. —kimbaddd
- 1 pound linguini
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 strips turkey bacon, cut crosswise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 ounces canned chopped clams, drained, juice reserved
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or white wine
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3/4 cup milk
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. ALWAYS make sure your pasta water is well salted. I heard the best way to make sure it has enough salt is that it should taste like sea water!
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped bacon and cook for about 3-4 minutes until slightly browned and done. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, then add the drained clams. Cook for about another 3 minutes.
- Pour in the white wine or chicken broth, scrapping the bottom of the skillet/saute pan with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the sauce is reduced and less watery.
- Reduce the heat and add the lemon juice. Stir. Add the milk, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and leave on a gentle simmer until the sauce thickens up nicely. Add to the pasta and mix well. Add parmesan cheese if you like. But, it was completely unnecessary……