If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is relatively quick, simple and produces delicious results every time. Oven baking makes this a healthy way to enjoy a british seaside classic.
- 4 Floury potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 200˚C
- Cut your unpeeled potatoes into chunky chip shapes. Slice the potato lengthways into slices just over 1cm thick. Lay the slices down and cut again lengthways into chip shapes. Don’t worry about making them too neat, this all adds to the rustic charm!
- Wash the potatoes in cold water to remove any excess starch.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and parboil the chips for approx 4-5 mins.
- Drain and pat dry well
- Put in a bowl and add enough olive oil to coat the chips and mix well with your hands or a wooden spoon. Season with salt and/or any other herbs or spices.
- Spread the chips onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for approx 20-30 mins dependant on chip size. I often find I increase the temperature slightly in the last 5 minutes to give a real crisp finish.
- Season again to taste if required, serve and enjoy.