If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It was so fun to get out the whirly pop and make some interesting popcorn recipes. I like to serve these little Popcorn Bites on small plates (with a napkin). You can either let the chocolate and caramel harden or serve them gooey. Good both ways. —coffeefoodwrite
Serves 8-10 (small portions)
- 1-14 ounces package caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (60% or above)
- 10 cups popped popcorn (I like heirloom popcorns or White Cat Corn – hull very tender – I also like to pop corn in grape seed oil – reaches a very high temp. and is light and almost flavorless)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted
- More butter for buttering baking sheet
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt for popcorn
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt for caramel
- more sea salt or fluer de sel for sprinkling on top
- Melt caramels, heavy cream and 1/8 tsp. sea salt over medium low heat.
- Melt dark chocolate over double boiler or bowl set over pan of simmering water.
- Place a sheet of wax or parchment paper on a baking sheet and butter it. Place popcorn on top in a thin layer.
- Drizzle popcorn with the melted butter and sprinkle with ¼ tsp. sea salt.
- Drizzle on melted chocolate and then drizzle on warm caramel. Sprinkle with more sea salt.
- Let cool slightly then remove to small individual plates, shaping small mounds on each and then let cool further. Can be enjoyed warm and gooey or cooled completely...
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack