If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy breezy crockpot recipe for delicious fall-flavored applesauce —Carol Beck
Makes 32 oz
- 10 apples of any variety
- 1/4 cup Maker's Mark bourbon
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put all of your ingredients in a crockpot and toss so everything is coated.
- Set to 10 hours or the longest possible setting, and let cook until time is up.
- If you’re going to leave the applesauce chunky, you’re done! Just place in a large container and store in the fridge.
- If you want it smooth, add half of the sauce to a blender and puree on high for a few seconds or until everything is the consistency you want.
- Pour into your storage container or serving dish and repeat with the rest of the sauce.
- Add the second batch to the first and serve immediately or store in the fridge until you’re ready to chow down.