cup cacao nibs
cup mini dark chocolate chips
cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
tablespoon local, unpasturized honey
- Peel banana and cut one inch of the bottom off. Insert the wooden skewer into the middle of the banana. Place the banana on a waxed line paper and into the freezer and let freeze.
- Pour 1/4 Cup of the mini dark chocolate chips and the cacao nibs into a shallow bowl.. Set the bowl aside.
- Place the remaining 1/4 Cup of the dark chocolate into a large, shallow metal bowl. In a small pot, boil water and bring to a simmer. Place metal bowl overtop the simmering water and whisk vigorously as chocolate melts.
- Dip the top half of the frozen banana in the melted chocolate and into the chocolate/cocoa nib mixture.
- Spread honey on the lower half of the banana and sprinkle the shredded coconut over the honey.
- Set the banana back on the wax paper-lined and freeze for two hours.