If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a healthier take on the infamous deep fried chicken that we Koreans love to indulge in, originally from the Love Letter restaurant franchise. Thanks to the garlicky and unique flavor of the sauce, you won't be able to tell if it's baked or fried! It is extremely moist and tender with a slightly crisp exterior. —Ellie Betzen
- 10 large chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- pinch salt and pepper
sweet and spicy garlic sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Korean red chili pepper flakes
- 1.5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- sprinkle sesame seeds (optional)
- First preheat the oven to 300F degrees. Stir the breading ingredients on a medium sized plate and if it's slightly scooped, even better.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the sauce ingredients minus the sesame seeds and then take out about 1/4 cup of the sauce, then set aside. Have a large baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Coat drumsticks in flour mixture and then dip it in the sauce. Place on lined baking pan one by one. Bake for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, or a little more until the meat sticking to the bone is no longer pink.
- Flip the drumsticks and drizzle them with the sauce you set aside at the beginning. Raise oven temperature to a broil and cook for about 5-7 minutes. When finished, sprinkle sesame seeds and serve with side dishes or rice.