If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My cousin Tracey brought this vegetarian caesar salad dressing (and accompanying garden fresh romaine lettuce) to my house when I hosted my family's annual Christmas dinner last year. It's not that no one noticed the overnight brined turkey or the homemade bourbon cranberry sauce I served, but we were all pretty caught up in this salad. Basically every family member left with a hand written recipe. —Lisa Straus
Makes dressing for a 2-3 romaine head salad
- 7 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 raw egg
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- dashes tabasco sauce
- dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 Romaine lettuce heads
- Your favourite croutons
- Combine all above ingredients. in a blender.
- Blend for a minute or two, until fully emulsified.
- Store refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve with the 2-3 torn Romaine lettuce heads and your favourite Caesar salad ingredients.
More Great Recipes: Salads