If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Making meringue is genuinely easy, and it only requires a few ingredients that you will normally have in your kitchen. Sugar, egg whites and vinegar are the key things. And I put a little Espresso powder in my meringue cookies here. And they are awesome. Just a taste of Espresso, but not over-powering the chocolate flavour. Simply perfect! —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: 25 cookies
pieces large egg whites
tablespoon espresso powder
tablespoon cocoa powder
cup granulated sugar
tablespoons powdered sugar
teaspoon white vinegar
grams dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 275F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add in Espresso powder, cocoa powder, both sugars and vinegar. Increase speed and continue whipping until stiff and glossy peaks form.
- Pipe or spoon mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the bases of the meringues are firm and are easily peeled away from the parchment paper. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of the meringues before serving.