If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this recipe is a combination of protein and vegetables in one dish, you just will need to add a mashed potato side dish for your dinner and next day you can make a very good sandwich with slice of this turkey meatloaf in ciabatta or brioche roll with some cheese on top and green salad. —Sandra
- 1,3 pounds ground turkey, i prefer to use the red meat instead of white.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, cleaned and shredded (about 1 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup good quality ketchup, plus 3 tablespoons for the topping.
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs, or regular breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup parsley, washed and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet, saute the onions until translucent, add the garlic and the carrots, saute for about 2 minutes, then add the zucchini and sauté for few more minutes until all vegetables get soft. let it cool a bit. In a large bowl mix the meat with all the rest of the ingredients and the vegetables. Put the mixture in a loaf pan and leveled the top with a spoon. Add the rest of ketchup on top of it and spread it. Bake it for about 45 minutes. let sit out of the oven covered with foil for 15 minutes and then cut into slices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch