If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe gives the basics on how to achieve the perfect egg scramble that is soft and fluffy, cooked well, and delicious. I learned this method from my Aunt Joyce who learned it from her Mother-In-Law. —Gaia Goodness Natural Foods
Makes: 2 servings
tablespoon salted butter
tablespoon sour cream or Greek yogurt
cup Asiago cheese shredded
cup Goude cheese shredded
pinch Sea salt and black pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, and sour cream or yogurt until thoroughly combined. (no sour cream lumps if you can help it). Set aside.
- Heat 4 Tbsp of water in a skillet over a low-medium flame.
- Once the skillet is hot, add 1 tbsp (1 pad) of salted butter and allow it to melt thoroughly into the water.
- Add all the cheese to the water and butter mixture in the skillet.
- When the cheese begins to melt, pour in the egg mixture.
- When the egg starts to firm up a little bit, use a large spoon, preferably hard plastic, and stir the eggs and cheese together making sure to combine thoroughly.
- The key to perfect scrambled eggs is cooking them slow and low.
- If you notice the skillet is too hot turn the flame down.
- Your eggs should be done after 8-10 minutes, maybe less if you like softer eggs. I like mine well done!
- Be sure to stir constantly.
- All the water should be evaporated.
- Nothing should stick to the pan and your eggs should be fluffy with a bright yellow color.
- Spoon the eggs onto a plate, garnish with some parsley or dried dill and enjoy!