If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a caffeine-free masala chai tea with foraged goldenrod leaves —rhubarb! rhubarb! rhubarb!
- 1/2 cup dried goldenrod leaves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 8 whole cloves
- 8 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 half nutmeg
- 1 piece ginger, around 1"
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon honey, maple syrup or agave, to taste
- Toast all the spices (except the ginger) in a saucepan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add goldenrod leaves, ginger, and water, and bring to a boil.
- Add milk and sweetener, then turn heat off. Let steep for 5 minutes.