If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I saw this recipe in an issue of Bon Appetit and I immediately wanted to make it. I absolutely LOVE hominy. It’s so wonderful to put in chili, or even better, quesadillas. I just love its bite and chewiness.
I made a few tweaks to the recipe. Trader Joe’s makes a lovely frozen Seafood Blend. It has shrimp, scallops and squid rings. I was not sure how this major substitution would play out, but it definitely streamlined the recipe. And, it could not have tasted better.
Their were no leftovers. Everyone had seconds. —kimbaddd
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups bottled clam juice
- 1 cup (or more) chicken broth (if you can find seafood stock, so much the better)
- 1 cup salsa verde (mild, medium or hot, whichever your taste buds prefer)
- 1 15 ounce can hominy, drained
- 1 bag Trader Joe's Mixed Seafood Blend, thawed and drained
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion, saute until tender,about 5 minutes. Add garlic, stir for about 30 seconds. Add the clam juice and broth, salsa and hominy. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mixed seafood blend and keep at a simmer. Add more broth if needed if posole is too dry. Simmer until seafood is just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.