If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Incredibly easy to make, this is a totally flourless, dairy-free and grain-free cake. It’s honestly one of the most moist, dense, moreish, aromatic and delectable cakes I have ever tried and would you believe it – only four key ingredients! —Paleo With Mrs P
- 2 Large Oranges, boiled
- 6 Large Eggs
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- In to a pan of boiling water place the two whole oranges and simmer for approximately 2 hrs until skins are tender and orange feels malleable. Allow oranges to cool
- Preheat oven to 180°c
- Over a bowl remove all orange pips and place all the skin, juice and orange flesh in to the blender with almond flour, sugar and sea salt
- Once fully blended add in the separated egg yolks and blend until smooth, move mixture to a large bowl
- In a separate deep bowl whisk egg whites until they are stiff and form peaks then gently fold the egg whites in to the orange cake mixture and fully combine
- Pour cake batter in to a pre-greased cake tin and put in the oven for approx 60 minutes (be prepared to place some foil over the top of the cake after around 40 minutes to stop it from burning)
- Check the middle of the cake with a metal skewer / knife, if it comes out clean then it’s ready
- Allow to cool before removing from the cake tin
- Decorate with a honey glaze (1tsp coconut oil, 2 tsp raw honey in a pan over heat until fully melted) and toasted almond slices
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week