If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These scotch eggs are so simple to make, meaty, filling and flavoursome. They are as amazing cold for a picnic or lunch box, or hot as a starter or lunch time snack. —Paleo With Mrs P
- 6 whole pork sausages, 100% organic butchers meat
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 100 grams mixed seeds
- 6 large eggs
- Turn oven on to 180°c
- Place 4 large eggs in to boiling water for 6 minutes (medium eggs: 5 minutes, small eggs: 4 minutes). Take off heat and place in to ice-cold water whilst you carry on with the rest of the preparations
- In to a blender place the almond meal, pinch of salt and mixed seeds, blitz until coarse and crumbly, place aside
- In to the blender place all sausage meat (make sure to de-skin beforehand), spices, salt and pepper, blend until fully combined and sticky
- Peel the cold eggs, gently (as they will still be soft-boiled)
- Now break sausage mixture in to 6 balls. Using the palm of your hand create a “cup”, flat patty shape. Place one egg into the middle and work the sausage mixture around it making sure to fully seal all the sides
- Now dip the ball in to the egg mix (1 whisked egg) and fully cover smoothing all the sides (this is how your meat and egg will stay bound)
- Roll the ball straight in to the mixed seeds / almond mixture
- In to a shallow frying pan over high heat heat up about 1/2 cup olive oil and place scotch egg in to the oil. Brown each side for around 1-2 minutes until golden brown, then place on to a baking sheet and bake for 5 – 6 minutes
- Serve straight away with homemade chutney, rocket and avocado