cup arborio rice
teaspoon culinary lavender
cups whole milk
teaspoons pure vanilla extract
cup heavy cream
- To infuse the milk, heat the milk and lavender buds in a saucepan until just boiling. Remove from heat and allow it to cool to room temperature (10-15 minutes). Strain the milk and discard the lavender buds.
- In a large saucepan, bring rice, honey, salt, and the infused milk to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender and pudding is creamy. in vanilla, cream and butter.
- Cook constantly stirring for 5 minutes. Taste, adding additional honey as desired. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving dish.
- To serve, add toppings such as nuts, dried or fresh fruits or cinnamon if desired.