If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is part of a perfect Saturday morning breakfast in the Hudson Valley after a long week of working in the city. Complemented by soft boiled eggs, fresh squeezed juice, The whole menu makes pretty compost too. —POCKETKnife.life
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (or zest of 1-2 oranges)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- Stir dry ingredients together in a large bowl (including cranberries and zest).
- Add the cream and stir until all the dry ingredients bind together (you may have to add a few tablespoons of ice water).
- Pat the dough into a circle. Cut into wedges.
- (If you want them sweet, dust the circle of dough with sugar on both sides).
- Let stand on parchment lined baking sheet 20 minutes.
- Bake in 425F oven for 15 minutes.
- Don't over bake!
- Serve with fresh squeezed citrus juice (mix it up, lemon, blood orange, orange etc.), butter, jam and soft-boiled eggs.