If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My new favorite brunch (or anytime) cocktail. This is an aquavit cocktail that's sort of a spin on a grapefruit mimosa, with a twist of a French 75 thrown in there. I make it with the aquavit we make at our distillery (Vikre Distillery), which I love because of the cardamom spice in there, but I think it would also be good with an aquavit like Linie or Krogstad, if you like more of a licorice flavor. —fiveandspice
- 1 ounce aquavit
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar syrup (1:1 ratio of brown sugar and water; stir until dissolved)
- Chilled dry sparkling wine to top
- A twist of grapefruit peel to garnish
- Shake the aquavit, grapefruit juice, and brown sugar syrup with ice until chilled (about 30 seconds). Strain into a Champagne flute or coupe glass. Top with sparkling wine and garnish with a twist of grapefruit peel.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!