If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Unique and delicious, well worth the effort. —honingdas
tablespoon Sea salt
milliliters Cold water
grams Caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 420. Sliced open and remove the seeds from the pumpkin. Slice into quarters. Place in oven and cook 20 minutes or so till a knife easily pierces the meat and they are soft. Remove and cool for 20 minutes.
- Using a spoon remove the cooled cooked pumpkin meat and then with a blender, food processor or just a nice chef knife puree or mash.
- Add the pureed pumpkin meat to a pan with all the following ingredients except the vodka. Summer for 35-40 minutes.
- Using a strainer push the mixture through using the back of a spoon to get all of it except the spices extracted.
- Rinse the strainer and line with cheese cloth, slowly pour the thick liquid through. As the pulp begins to cover the bottom pull aside with a spoon and continue to pour till the whole mixture is through. You should end up with approximately. 400ML
- Set aside to let cool, at least 30 minutes. The puree on left in the strainer can be used for tarts, dessert ravioli filling or baking (its delicious!)
- Add an equal amount of vodka to your cooled pumpkin syrup. Store in air tight containers for at least 2 days in a cool dark place. Share!
- Eet smakelijk!!
More Great Recipes: