Author Notes: Unique and delicious, well worth the effort. —honingdas
tablespoon Sea salt
milliliters Cold water
grams Caster sugar
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 420. Sliced open and remove the seeds from the pumpkin. Slice into quarters. Place in oven and cook 20 minutes or so till a knife easily pierces the meat and they are soft. Remove and cool for 20 minutes.
- Using a spoon remove the cooled cooked pumpkin meat and then with a blender, food processor or just a nice chef knife puree or mash.
- Add the pureed pumpkin meat to a pan with all the following ingredients except the vodka. Summer for 35-40 minutes.
- Using a strainer push the mixture through using the back of a spoon to get all of it except the spices extracted.
- Rinse the strainer and line with cheese cloth, slowly pour the thick liquid through. As the pulp begins to cover the bottom pull aside with a spoon and continue to pour till the whole mixture is through. You should end up with approximately. 400ML
- Set aside to let cool, at least 30 minutes. The puree on left in the strainer can be used for tarts, dessert ravioli filling or baking (its delicious!)
- Add an equal amount of vodka to your cooled pumpkin syrup. Store in air tight containers for at least 2 days in a cool dark place. Share!
- Eet smakelijk!!