If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On a hot summer night when we have a crusty baguette from Mikee the baker and sour cherries, we make these little 'tarts' Inspired by London's River Cafe. They are easy to make and taste surprisingly tart-like. This works well with all stone fruits - apricots, plums, peaches, nectarines. —POCKETKnife.life
- 1 bakery baguette
- 1 quart sour cherries
- 8 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Wash cherries. Remove stems. Pit by forcing a straw through centers (a great trick).
- Smash butter and sugar together with lemon zest.
- Slice baguette into a dozen pieces.
- Spread butter mixture on one side of each baguette slice.
- Squash cherries onto each slice.
- Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet (or go bare back).
- Toast in 305F oven for about 20-30 minutes - until cherries are baked through and bread is toasted.