Author Notes: On a hot summer night when we have a crusty baguette from Mikee the baker and sour cherries, we make these little 'tarts' Inspired by London's River Cafe. They are easy to make and taste surprisingly tart-like. This works well with all stone fruits - apricots, plums, peaches, nectarines. —POCKETKnife.life
quart sour cherries
tablespoons sweet unsalted butter
tablespoons lemon zest
- Wash cherries. Remove stems. Pit by forcing a straw through centers (a great trick).
- Smash butter and sugar together with lemon zest.
- Slice baguette into a dozen pieces.
- Spread butter mixture on one side of each baguette slice.
- Squash cherries onto each slice.
- Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet (or go bare back).
- Toast in 305F oven for about 20-30 minutes - until cherries are baked through and bread is toasted.