Author Notes: This quick and easy recipe for Superfood Crunch Protein balls are super crunchy, delicious and packed with powerful protein and nutritious superfoods. They’re perfect for your pre/post workout snack, your little one’s afternoon snack, a healthy lift during your mid-afternoon slump at work or a breakfast on the run. Best of all, they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and refined sugar free! —greenqueen
Makes: 12-15 balls
cup pitted Medjool dates (about 8 – 9 pieces, roughly chopped)
cup Holy Crap Dragon’s Blend
cup almond meal/almond flour (blanched or not)
tablespoon raw cacao powder
tablespoon maple syrup (Grade B if you can find)
tablespoon each of desiccated coconut, cacao powder, almond meal for rolling (optional)
- In a food processor, whiz dates until it forms a paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blitz until the mixture starts to form a ball.
- Pull off golf ball-sized portions, then roll between slightly wet hands.
- Roll in coconut, cacao, and almond or leave it as is.
- Keep stored in airtight container or jar in the fridge for at least two weeks.