If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These stuffed apples are extra delicious when roasted in hot coals. —Ilona Oppenheim
whole large apples
tablespoons chopped walnuts
tablespoon cinnamon (Or 4 cinnamon sticks)
- Place each apple on a large square of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the raisins, walnuts, honey, and cinnamon if using
- Core apples, taking care not to puncture through the bottom keeping its juices inside. Keep the tops of the apples. Fill each cavity with the nut mixture. If using the cinnamon sticks place one in each cavity. Top each apple with 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
- Press the top of the apple over each of the holes and wrap tightly with parchment paper. Then wrap each apple into tin foil.
- When the coals are red and glowing, they are ready to use. Place apples directly on the coals and allow to cook for 30 minutes, rolling from side to side every couple minutes. Remove from the fire with a pair of long-handled tongs. Allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes. Unwrap and serve.