If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm always searching for a quick snack to whip up for when I have friends over last minute for football games, without missing a play! You can pull this recipe together in about 5 minutes yet it still seems to have a sophisticated touch with its sweet, salty, and herbal notes. Enjoy this gameday go-to, and go Buckeyes! —Emily | Cinnamon&Citrus
Makes one large bowl
- 3 tablespoons unflavored oil (peanut, vegetable, canola)
- 1/3 cup popping corn
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- generous pinch of salt and pinch of white pepper, to taste
- In a heavy bottomed skillet with a lid, large enough so your corn kernels are only one layer deep, heat the 3 Tbs oil with the popping corn over a burner on medium-high heat. Shake the pan gently and continuously and pull off the heat when your corn stops popping.
- Combine the honey, butter, and thyme, and pour over the finished popcorn off of the heat, shaking or stirring with a large spoon to coat. Add salt and white pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper)..
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
More Great Recipes: