If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You have plans to go out, but no one really wants to go anywhere. You decide to all stay in a watch a movie at your place...what can you prepare in under 10 minutes that will have every sweet tooth in the house satisfied? These! Warning: Especially addictive to those of us with the salty/sweet combo tooth! —thefood
Serves approximately 2 dozen
- 1 box of saltine crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk, dark or semi-sweet - semi-sweet are my fave)
- 1/2 - 1 cups chopped nuts (walnuts or peanuts are crowd pleasers)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or foil (if using foil, spray with cooking spray to avoid eating little pieces of aluminum...yech)
- Arrange saltine crackers (salt side facing up) throughout sheet. It doesn't matter if they touch, but it's best if they don't overlap.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, add sugar & bring to slight boil. Once boiled, turn heat down and add vanilla & stir to combine.
- Immedietely pour recipe over crackers, ensuring to cover as much as possible.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven & immedietely sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to melt until they seem spreadable & spread as much as desired throughout pan. (I prefer to have some caramel spots showing through, which turns out looking like a marbled effect).
- Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Cool in fridge (or freezer if you are in a hurry!) until you can break off a piece without the caramel still feeling super soft
- Break or tear into single serving sized pieces and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack