You have plans to go out, but no one really wants to go anywhere. You decide to all stay in a watch a movie at your place...what can you prepare in under 10 minutes that will have every sweet tooth in the house satisfied? These! Warning: Especially addictive to those of us with the salty/sweet combo tooth! —thefood
- Serves approximately 2 dozen
box of saltine crackers
chocolate chips (milk, dark or semi-sweet - semi-sweet are my fave)
1/2 - 1 cups
chopped nuts (walnuts or peanuts are crowd pleasers)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or foil (if using foil, spray with cooking spray to avoid eating little pieces of aluminum...yech)
- Arrange saltine crackers (salt side facing up) throughout sheet. It doesn't matter if they touch, but it's best if they don't overlap.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, add sugar & bring to slight boil. Once boiled, turn heat down and add vanilla & stir to combine.
- Immedietely pour recipe over crackers, ensuring to cover as much as possible.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven & immedietely sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to melt until they seem spreadable & spread as much as desired throughout pan. (I prefer to have some caramel spots showing through, which turns out looking like a marbled effect).
- Sprinkle with nuts if desired.
- Cool in fridge (or freezer if you are in a hurry!) until you can break off a piece without the caramel still feeling super soft
- Break or tear into single serving sized pieces and enjoy!