If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the healthiest ice cream you’ve ever come across: made with nothing but frozen bananas. Mix in some elderberries, and then top it all with a mix of chia seeds and pistachios. This salty & sweet combo is so good it takes the concept of wholesome to a new level.
A word of caution: make sure that your bananas are soft enough to blend. You can always firm up the ice cream in the freezer afterwards. —Feed Me Dearly
cup frozen elderberries (or other berries)
handful of nuts/seeds
- Slice 3 bananas and leave them in the freezer overnight.
- If you’re working with a good blender, you can blend right when you take the bananas out of the freezer, but if you’re working with a lesser one, make sure to thaw them for 10-20 minutes so that you don’t damage your machine.You can also add a splash of liquid-milk, almond milk, coconut milk, water etc. to help things along.
- Add a cup of frozen elderberries (or other berries) to the blender and blend until the fruit becomes a thick and creamy “ice cream”.
- If not frozen enough, put in the freezer for 10-30 minutes to achieve desired consistency.
- Top with whatever nuts or seeds you have on hand for some added texture. I used plain pistachios and chia seeds.