If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend gave me this recipe but I tweaked her version by adding Italian Maraschino Cherries (Luxardo is a good brand and it makes a world of difference), some of the Maraschino Cherry juice, and switching the whiskey out for bourbon (because it was what I had at the time)... and let me just tell you, it came out to be the most amazing Sour I have had!!! It has nothing to do with New Orleans but I just thought the name was creative. Great for holiday parties! —Kristina's Cooking
Makes 2 drinks
- 2 Lemons, Juiced
- Orange Bitters
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 4 ounces Good Bourbon
- Italian Maraschino Cherries For Garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with all ingredients except the cherries.
- Add ice and shake until frothy (a minute or more).
- Pour into a martini or glass of your choice, garnish with Maraschino Cherries on a tooth pick and enjoy!