If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love the addition of fresh vanilla to the dark chocolate. I make this bark a lot when home watching a movie. Good to nibble and the tartness of the dried fruit adds a little something extra... —coffeefoodwrite
- 9.7 ounces dark chocolate - 70% (preferably Sharffen Berger)
- 1 vanilla bean – split
- 1/8 cup dried cranberries - chopped
- 1/8 cup dried apricots -- chopped
- 1/8 cup dried candied ginger - chopped
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- Melt chocolate over double boiler or bowl set over simmering pan of water.
- Split vanilla bean and scrape out insides. Add to chocolate. Stir to thoroughly incorporate.
- Place sheet of parchment on small baking tray.
- Let chocolate/vanilla mixture cool slightly to begin to thicken and then pour onto parchment. Should form about an 8” oblong or round.
- Sprinkle over cranberries, apricots, ginger and then nuts.
- Let harden completely (to harden faster you can put in freezer for about 10 mins.).
- To serve break into pieces and arrange on plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack