Author Notes: I love the addition of fresh vanilla to the dark chocolate. I make this bark a lot when home watching a movie. Good to nibble and the tartness of the dried fruit adds a little something extra... —coffeefoodwrite
ounces dark chocolate - 70% (preferably Sharffen Berger)
vanilla bean – split
cup dried cranberries - chopped
cup dried apricots -- chopped
cup dried candied ginger - chopped
cup whole almonds
- Melt chocolate over double boiler or bowl set over simmering pan of water.
- Split vanilla bean and scrape out insides. Add to chocolate. Stir to thoroughly incorporate.
- Place sheet of parchment on small baking tray.
- Let chocolate/vanilla mixture cool slightly to begin to thicken and then pour onto parchment. Should form about an 8” oblong or round.
- Sprinkle over cranberries, apricots, ginger and then nuts.
- Let harden completely (to harden faster you can put in freezer for about 10 mins.).
- To serve break into pieces and arrange on plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack